An added layer of warning for intersections and high risk areas when used with your 100/200 watt siren amplifier. Howler provides deep, low frequency tones, which penetrate other vehicles, alerting drivers and pedestrians of your approach.
Howler is not a replacement to the vehicle™s primary siren; Howler adds a minimum eight second penetrating burst of low frequency siren sound for use in heavy traffic, intersections or other high ambient noise conditions.
- Howler is an add-on to any 100/200 watt warning siren such as the Whelen 295SL Series. Works with most siren amplifiers.
- Includes siren amplifier and speaker(s). Works in conjunction with existing siren systems, purchased separately.
- Works with any sweeping tone, plus Hi/Low and electronic mechanical tone generated by the primary siren.
- Howler low-frequency tones synchronize with your primary siren tones to penetrate high noise, traffic situations.
- Howler amplifier module uses the primary siren speaker output wires and divides the frequency to one of three frequency bands via dip switch. Selections are 1/4 tone, 1/2 tone or
a composite of both.
- Lower frequency reverberating tones are able to penetrate vehicles, alerting drivers to your oncoming emergency vehicle.
- Built-in timer limits overexposure time, however, operators are advised to wear approved hearing protection.
- Two external cancel controls, standard. A positive or negative activation will cancel tone.
- Select tone duration and tone style via easy Scan-Lock™ feature and LED indicator (selection of 8 different tone durations: 8-60 seconds maximum).